Audio of Unity Statement of Faith by Charles Fillmore
Listen to Charles Fillmore's Unity Statement of Faith.
Text of Unity Statement of Faith by Charles Fillmore
- We believe in God, the one and only omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent Spirit mind.
- We believe in Christ, the Son of God, in whom is imaged the ideal creation, with perfect man on the throne of dominion.
- We believe in Christ Jesus, the Son of God made manifest in Jesus of Nazareth, who overcame death, and who is now with us in His perfect body as the Way-Shower in regeneration for all men.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, which baptizes the universe and man with the thoughts of God, and perpetually establishes the divine law in all manifestation.
- We believe in the supremacy and the eternity of the good, as the one and only objective of man and of all things visible and invisible.
- We believe in the twelve disciples, the twelve powers of man, going forth into mind and body with power and authority to teach, preach, heal, and wholly save man and the world from sin, sickness, and death.
- We believe that "God is spirit," as Jesus taught, and that all of His Spirit is with us at all times, supplying every need.
- We believe that divine intelligence is ￼present in every atom of man and matter, and that the more abundant life, which Jesus promised, is flooding the world and quickening the minds and the bodies of men everywhere.
- We believe that the original authority and dominion given to man was over his own thoughts, emotions, feelings, and passions, and that, in the lawful exercise of this authority, he will harmonize all discords within and without and restore the kingdom of God on the earth.
- We believe in the creative power of thoughts and words; that they do accomplish that whereto they are sent and that all men are held accountable for even their lightest words.
- We believe that through indulgence in sense consciousness men fell into the belief in the reality of matter and material conditions. We believe that the "kingdom of God" can be attained, here and now, by overcoming the world, the flesh, and the Adversary, through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the at-one-ment that Jesus reestablished between God and man, and that through Jesus we can regain our original estate as sons of God.
- We believe that the prayer of faith will save the sick, resurrect the body from "trespasses and sins," and finally overcome the last enemy, death.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is alive and in the world today. We believe that the more abundant life, which Jesus promised, is poured into the race stream as a vitalizing energy, and that, when accepted in faith, it purifies the life-flow in our body, and makes us immune to all diseased thoughts and germs.
- We believe that sense consciousness may be lifted up, "as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness," and that all men may be again restored to paradise through faith, understanding, and practice of the divine law, as Jesus Christ taught and demonstrated.
- We believe that creative Mind, God, is masculine and feminine, and that these attributes of Being are fundamental in both natural and spiritual man. "And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
- We believe that we live, move, and have our being in God-Mind; also that God-Mind lives, moves, and has being in us, to the extent of our consciousness.
- We believe that the body of man is the highest-formed manifestation of creative Mind, and that it is capable of unlimited expression of that Mind. "Know ye not that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit?"
- We believe that through conscious union with Jesus in the regeneration man can transform his body and make it perpetually healthy, therefore immortal, and that he can attain eternal life in this way and ￼in no other way.
- We believe that the blood of Jesus represents eternal life; that the body of Jesus represents incorruptible substance. We believe that these are original elements in Being and that they can be appropriated by all who, through faith and understanding, attain the Christ standard of spirituality.
- We believe that spirit, soul, and body are a unit, and that any separation of these three is transgression of the divine law. We believe that the death that came into the world through the Adamic man resulted in body dissolution, and that the restoration of the lost Eden is already begun, in the demonstration over the death of the body, as shown in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the dissolution of spirit, soul, and body, caused by death, is annulled by rebirth of the same spirit and soul in another body here on earth. We believe the repeated incarnations of man to be a merciful provision of our loving Father to the end that all may have opportunity to attain immortality through regeneration, as did Jesus. "This corruptible must put on incorruption."
- We believe that the kingdom of heaven or harmony is within man, and that, through man, the law and order existing in Divine Mind are to be established on the earth.
- We believe that the "second coming" of Jesus Christ is now being fulfilled, that His Spirit is quickening the whole world. "For as the lightning cometh forth from the east, and is seen even unto the west; so shall be the coming of the Son of man." "Watch therefore: for ye know not on what day your Lord cometh."
- We believe that the Golden Rule "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," should be the standard of action between men.
- We believe that Jehovah God is incarnate in Jesus Christ and that all men may attain the Christ perfection, by living the righteous life. "Ye therefore shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
- We believe that the Word of God is the thought of God expressed in creative ideas and that these ideas are the primal attributes of all enduring entities in the universe, visible and invisible. The Logos of the first chapter of the Gospel of John is the God idea or Christ that produced Jesus, the perfect man. We believe that the Scriptures are the testimonials of men who have, in a measure, apprehended the divine Logos, but that their writings should not be taken as final.
- We believe that all life is sacred and that man should not kill or be a party to the killing of animals for food; also that cruelty, war, and wanton destruction of human life will continue so long as men destroy animals.
- We believe that the misuse of the generative function is responsible for the majority of human ills. Therefore we believe that purity and control of sex are essential to health and the final overcoming of death.
- We believe in the final resurrection of the body, through Christ. We believe that we do free our mind and resurrect our body by true thoughts and words, and that this resurrection is being carried forward daily and will ultimate in a final purification of the body from all earthly errors. Through this process we shall be raised to the consciousness of continuous health and eternal life here and now, following Jesus Christ in the regeneration or "new birth."
- We believe all the doctrines of Christianity spiritually interpreted.
- Almighty Father-Mother, we thank Thee for this vision of Thine omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence, in us and in all that we think and do, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!
Click here for more information about The Statement of Faith by Charles Fillmore