The speaker opens this segment saying that the same principles that bring us health can bring us prosperity. Consider the following points made in this video. What do they mean to you?
- We tend to think that prosperity is just about money, but because it is dealing with allness and plenty, it is an attitude in consciousness that affects all of one's living (Sharon).
- Myrtle Fillmore said "We don't raise money; we raise consciousness" (Eric).
- Consciousness is ... the all of what I sense, what I think, what I feel, what I desire ... the wholeness of me brings to me what my life is (James).
- The spiritual basis for prosperity is the 23rd Psalm, "the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (Jim).
- God is your source, the real essence of prosperity is knowing substance ... and you seek the substance of Spirit, then all things that are needed come about (Dorothy).
- Prosperity is the recognition of the fullness, the abundance, the plenty that is in existence in the universe ... waiting for my calling it forth into my existence in a specific way (Sharon)
- What if I could feel the weight of a thousand harvests that are in a tiny seed in my hand? (Jim)
- The truth of the matter is that there is no limitation in God and once we get into the relationship with God then [we may] also demonstrate that which we imagine God can be (Dorothy).
- Because I am made in God's image and likeness ... then nothing needs to be added to me (Jim).
- Prosperity is well-being (Dorothy)
- Seek first the kingdom, and all these things will be added unto you (Matt. 6:33) (Jim).
- Unity has always espoused the idea of having prosperity, however not as a goal, rather as a result of knowing God as your source (Dorothy).
- You learned to be you and therefore if you don't like the you you've come to be then you've got to start learning to be something different (James).
- Every person has the capacity to demonstrate supply ... there is no reason for poverty ... prosperity is awareness of a universal flow (Eric).
- Contacting Spiritual Substance
- Prosperity through Prayer
- Health and Prosperity
- Not Magic But Law
- Spiritualizing the Intellect
- (Supplementary) Prosperity (Fillmore)
- (Supplementary) Keep A True Lent (Fillmore, Chapter 14)
- (Supplementary) The Revealing Word: Substance (Fillmore, Page 186-187)
- (Supplementary) As You Tithe So You Prosper (Meyer)
- (Supplementary) Both Riches and Honor (Militz)
- Substance: That which underlies all outward manifestations; real, unchanging essence or nature of things ... Webster.
- Substance: The divine idea of the underlying reality of all things. Substance is everywhere present, pervades all things, and inspires to action ... Divine substance is man's supply. Out of it he forms whatever he will according to his faith and understanding ... Fillmore.
- Spiritual substance is the source of all material wealth and cannot suffer loss or destruction by human thought. It is always with us, ready to be used.
- To gain control of Spirit substance we grasp it with our mind; that is, lay hold of the idea back of it. God answers our prayers for prosperity with ideas. If you pray for $1,000,000 I can guarantee that when you go home from this class you will not find the money lying on the bed in your room. But if you earnestly pray for prosperity you will receive ideas ... ideas that you can use to bring about the prosperity you need.
- Why, we sometimes ask, do some people become millionaires and apparently are not praying people? Perhaps without knowing it consciously they are working with God's law of prosperity. They are using ideas that are being fruitful. They expect rich results.
2. Demonstrating Prosperity
- Elisha, the widow and the oil (II Kings 4:1-7)
- The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-24)
- Story from personal experience: Men who in helping others to have a prosperous life became exceedingly wealthy.
3. Laws To Live By
- Giving and receiving. Are you a good receiver?
"Divine Love, through me, blesses all that I give and all that I receive."
- Forgiveness. Example of the woman who could not seem to bring prosperity into her life. She asked Charles Fillmore why she was not demonstrating when she was praying and doing all the things he had told her to do. His immediate reply was: "Who is it that you have not forgiven?" This was her problem. Resentment, jealousy, anger, hatred often stand in the way of demonstrating our good.
Under Mosaic law a tithe (or tenth) was required as the Lord's portion. Throughout the Old Testament the tithe is mentioned as a reasonable and just return to the Lord by way of acknowledging Him as the source of supply.
In Malachi 3 we find God's blessing directly connected with faithfulness in giving, not as a duty, but because one loves to give.
Also read what Paul says about giving in 2 Corinthians 9:6-15.
4. Tools To Use In Developing A Prosperity Consciousness
- The Prosperity Bank
- The Treasure Map
Here is Martha Giudici's inspiring talk on Treasure Mapping. The clip is 18 minutes long. Listen to the audio clip and then click through to the page for all the colorful details: How to make a Treasure Map, Do's and Don'ts of Treasure Mapping and Martha's Treasure Mapping Handout. This audio is a favorite on TruthUnity.
- Letter to God
End class with a meditation using a prosperity affirmation such as:
GOD REVEALS THE IDEAS, I TAKE ACTION, I AM PROSPERED