Unity Metaphysics 1 (Tan Book)
07 Assignment and Reading List
METAPHYSICS I. Part 1: THE NATURE OF GOD
Supplementary Reading Assignment:
- Lessons In Truth, Cady, Chapter 2
- Christian Healing, Fillmore, Chapter 1
- Talks on Truth, Fillmore, Chapter 1 & Chapter 11
- Keep a True Lent, Fillmore, Chapter 2
- Know Thyself, Lynch, Chapter 2, 5, & 13
1) What is Unity's first premise concerning the nature of God?
2) Give a brief definition for each of the following terms.
3) Choose one of the paradoxical aspects of God and tell how it helps you to understand God in your life.
4) List (a) the traditional Trinity of God, and (b) Unity's metaphysical equivalents.
5) Briefly explain how understanding the metaphysical meaning of the Trinity of God helps you in daily life.
6) If God is the only power in the universe, and it is Absolute Good, then where does the appearance of evil come from?
Transcribed by Sheri Owen on August 10, 2015.