Skip to main content
Lesson One: Spiritual Substance, The Fundamental Basis Of The Universe
- What is Divine Mind?
- What is man, and how is he connected with divine ideas?
- What great change in methods of production and distribution seems about to be made? How will it affect our prosperity?
- What is the ether of science and metaphysics? To what extent has man drawn on it, and what are its possibilities?
- What did Jesus demonstrate regarding the kingdom of the ether?
- What is the source of all material, according to science? According to Jesus?
- What is the simplest and surest way to lay hold of substance?
- Explain from this viewpoint how substance can never be depleted.
- Why does God give to just and unjust alike, to all equally?
- How does this truth of the ether help us better to understand the nature of God as pure being or Spirit?
- What is symbolized by gold and silver? Why are they precious?
- What is the threefold activity through which substance must go on its way to becoming manifest as material?
- If substance is omnipresent and man can control its manifestation, why does man suffer from lack and limitation?
- Explain the teaching of Jesus that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of the heavens.
- What is meant by "property rights" and the right to wealth? What error is implied in this doctrine? To whom do ideas belong?
- What are some of the "great possessions" that must be unloaded before we can enter the kingdom of consciousness?
- After recognizing the existence, potentiality, and availability of universal substance, what is the next step in demonstration?
- Can the kingdom be found by one with selfish motives? Why should we desire healing and prosperity?
- What is the prosperity consciousness? Give examples. How can it be cultivated wisely?
- What will be the social and economic results of a widespread prosperity consciousness in the whole race?
Lesson Two: Spiritual Mind, The Omnipresent Directive Principle Of Prosperity
- Why are ideas the most important things in life?
- What is desire in origin, purpose, and result?
- What is the difference between "is-ness" and "existence"?
- What is the difference between "being" and "appearance"?
- What is the relation of figures to the problem they help solve? How does this illustrate spiritual reality and material phenomena?
- What is implied in the fact that man can conceive of an ideal world?
- Should we deny the existence of material things? Can we do so successfully? What should we deny about the things of the outer?
- What is the "I AM identity"? How does it differ from Divine Mind?
- Why is spiritual understanding important? How is it gained?
- What connection exists between ideas in Divine Mind?
- What divine idea is back of riches? What ideas are the "parents" of this idea? How can this knowledge help us in demonstrating?
- Are all men equally entitled to wealth? What ideas should accompany the acquiring, using, and spending of wealth?
- Do we expect God to give us actual loaves of bread when we pray the Lord's Prayer? What does He give instead of material things?
- Why do people have dreams? Do dreams help men with their problems?
- What is the value of relaxation and the silence when we seek God's gifts?
- What relation has prosperity demonstration to the kingdom-of-the-heavens consciousness?
- What is the physical, psychological, and spiritual reason for preparing the way for the prosperity demonstration?
- What does the parable of the lilies teach us about substance?
- What effect does the attitude of thanksgiving and praise have upon our prosperity?
- Why is asking in the name of Jesus Christ more effective than any other prayer?
Lesson Three: Faith In The Invisible Substance, The Key To Demonstration
- What is the starting point in building a prosperity consciousness?
- What is the relation between faith and substance?
- What does it mean to "have" faith?
- What is a "seeking" faith? For what does it seek?
- Explain how doubt retards manifestation.
- What is the difference between the conception of John the Baptist and that of Jesus?
- How do love and understanding assist faith in its accomplishments?
- Are difficult experiences necessary in life? Why do we have them?
- Show that it is sinful to think and talk hard times, lack, and other limitations.
- Explain the symbology of the five loaves and two fishes.
- How does fear produce a stagnation in financial circulation? How does confidence or faith restore normal conditions?
- How can we go into "the upper room" to wait for the power from on high?
- How does your mind create? Are its creations always real?
- Why should our faith be in Spirit rather than in material things?
- Show how faith is essential to success in the professions, in manufacturing, in sales, and in other lines of activity.
- What do the Bible characters represent to us today? What Bible personage represents faith?
- Is science antagonistic to religion or helpful to its cause?
- What is the relation between material and substance?
- Is there any lack of anything anywhere? What are we to overcome?
- What affirmations help most to banish fear and abide in the consciousness of plenty?
Lesson Four: Man, The Inlet And Outlet Of Divine Mind
- What is meant by Principle as applied to prosperity?
- How do we establish a consciousness of Principle as related to us?
- How can the study of Truth make one happier, healthier, more beautiful, more prosperous?
- What is a miracle? Is prosperity miraculous?
- How are the keepers of divine law rewarded, and its breakers punished?
- What are the legislative, judicial, and executive phases of the divine law?
- What is the first rule of the divine law?
- What is the effect of thinking and speaking of everything as good?
- Is there any virtue in poverty?
- What is meant by the "far country," and what is the homeland of the prodigal son?
- What is the psychological and spiritual effect of old clothes?
- What is symbolized by the putting on of new shoes.
- How is true substance wasted, and what is the connection between waste and want?
- What is our best insurance of financial security?
- How does the law "Seek and ye shall find" apply to prosperity?
- Should one who works harder or has more ability receive a greater reward than another?
- What power has love in helping one to demonstrate prosperity?
- How does the subconscious mind help or hinder in demonstration?
- What form does God's answer to prayer take? How do we know when a prayer is answered?
- Must one be morally worthy to become prosperous?
Lesson Five: The Law That Governs The Manifestation Of Supply
- What in our consciousness is represented by Moses? By Joshua? By Jesus?
- What is the metaphysical significance of eating? How do we break bread in the four-dimensional world?
- What retards manifestation when we work to attain the consciousness of abundance?
- What do we mean by the "one law"? How may we know it? How keep it?
- Explain how our ability to use wealth wisely to a large degree determines our prosperity.
- Is it necessary to beseech God for prosperity? To ask? To thank?
- How do we look or go "within"?
- Compare the sense mind with the spiritual mind and show how true prosperity depends on the latter.
- What is the light theory of matter formation, and how does it agree with the teaching of the New Testament?
- Where and what is heaven? How is the soul formed?
- How did King Solomon demonstrate great prosperity?
- What is meant by "laying hold of" the substance?
- How did Jesus develop His consciousness of omnipresent substance and what did that consciousness ultimately do for Him?
- What is the true interpretation of "rich man" in the famous parable of the camel and the needle's eye?
- How do we constantly "turn stones into bread," and what results?
- What does the parable of the talents teach us regarding prosperity?
- What six steps necessary to manifestation may be discerned in the story of creation?
- What do we contribute to the world by raising our own consciousness to the prosperity level?
- Analyze and explain the statement "I trust Thy universal law of prosperity in all my affairs."
Lesson Six: Wealth Of Mind Expresses Itself In Riches
- What is prosperity?
- Explain the prosperity law that Jesus gave.
- What relation has a prosperity consciousness to wealth in the outer?
- What is the "sin of riches"?
- What causes crop failure and famine in some countries?
- Why did Jesus carry no money and own no property?
- What is the only thing that can satisfy human longing, and where is it found?
- Is the law of prosperity limited to thought? What else is needful?
- Over what is man given dominion by his Creator?
- How can man master his fear of financial lack?
- Why are prosperity prayers sometimes unanswered?
- What is the true idea of God, and how does man give it form?
- What causes "depressions" in the affairs of men and nations?
- What part does self-control in the matter of sensation play in prosperity demonstration?
- What is the relative importance of denial and affirmation in the demonstration of prosperity?
- Who are the real producers of wealth in the nation?
- What is the law of increase as applied to Mind substance?
- How should we prepare for an increased prosperity?
- Should we be specific and definite in our prayers for increase?
- Write a prosperity affirmation of your own embodying the four essential steps of recognition, love, faith, and praise.
Lesson Seven: God Has Provided Prosperity For Every Home
- Of what great spiritual power is the home the symbol?
- What has the "atmosphere" of a home to do with its prosperity? How may an atmosphere of worry and fear be changed?
- Explain the importance of speaking true words in the home.
- Aside from the feeling of religious duty, why should we be thankful for what we have and express our thanks often?
- Is it good policy to condemn the furnishings in the home or to be apologetic about them?
- Should our homes be ostentatious and rich looking to attract prosperity?
- Why should we be individual in furnishing the home rather than following the "accepted" or "in-the-mode" style only?
- How will a deep and sincere love for God attract prosperity?
- Why must there be love and understanding between members of the family to insure a prosperous home?
- Explain the law of "Love thy neighbor" as applied to home prosperity.
- What is God's will for the home, and how does the home express it?
- Explain how trying to live and do as others live and do may hold back our prosperity demonstration.
- How can we use our will to help the demonstration of home prosperity?
- Why should the individual express his own ideas in order to demonstrate?
- Where and how is the prosperity demonstration started?
- Do we have any personal claim on God's substance?
- How do we "pour" substance into the "empty" places of the home?
- Why is it necessary to have determination in order to demonstrate?
- Does the possession of material things give satisfaction?
Lesson Eight: God Will Pay Your Debts
- What law of mind is observed in true forgiveness?
- Why should we trust rather than distrust people?
- Is there any such thing as debt in Truth? Why?
- Where must we start in forgiving our debtors and creditors?
- How can we forgive ourselves for holding others in our debt?
- What is the only sure way of getting out and staying out of debt?
- Explain forgiveness as a good method of bill collecting.
- How does God forgive our debts? How does His love pay our debts?
- How do debt and worry about debt affect health? What is the remedy?
- Does God have a place in modern business?
- What are the merits and the dangers of installment buying?
- What is the importance of paying all obligations promptly?
- What kind of thoughts should one hold toward creditors? Debtors?
- What dominant belief has caused world depression, and how must it be overcome? What is our part in its overcoming?
- Is the credit system responsible for widespread debt?
- Does our faith in supply justify us in assuming obligations and trusting that we shall be able to pay when the time comes?
- What is the value of prayer in gaining freedom from debt?
Lesson Nine: Tithing, The Road To Prosperity
- What is a "tithe," and how was tithing started?
- What benefits accrue to the tither, according to the promises of the Bible?
- Should one regard one's tithe as an investment that pays rewards?
- In what way is giving a divine grace?
- What was the practical plan that Paul suggested to the Corinthians?
- What effect does a willing and cheerful spirit have on the giver, the gift, and the receiver?
- How can faith be exercised in giving?
- How should wisdom be employed in giving?
- How can one who is puzzled about giving--as regards how much, when, and where--be helped by the decision to tithe?
- What should tithing mean to the farmer? Businessman? Professional man? Mechanic? Laborer?
- How does tithing help fulfill "the first and greatest commandment" about loving God and the neighbor?
- Aside from Bible promises, do we have direct evidence that tithing increases prosperity? Cite instances.
- Should the tithe have a definite place in the personal or family budget? Should we keep a record of our giving, as we do of other disbursements?
- Why is the regular tithe, though it may be small, better than the occasional giving of a larger gift in a lump sum?
- What is the psychological basis and effect of tithing?
- What attitude should one assume toward a seemingly delayed demonstration?
- Should we look for our good to come through the channel of those to whom we give or serve?
- Why is it better to give without thought or expectation of return?
- What must we do about receiving what God has and desires for us?
- Discuss giving as a form of affirmation
Lesson Ten: Right Giving, The Key To Abundant Receiving
- In what ways is the religion of Jesus applicable to the problems of daily living?
- State briefly the law of giving and receiving that Jesus taught.
- Why has the teaching of Jesus not been more effective in changing conditions in the world and in individual life?
- Why is economic reform so much needed at the present time?
- Can any effective reform be based on the material phase of the economic problem? Why?
- Why do men who direct finance and business fail to seek any advice or assistance from the church?
- Why is individual reform necessary before national or world changes can be made?
- What do metaphysical teaching and study contribute toward world betterment?
- How does the desire for the accumulation of money and goods affect the finer nature and sensibilities of people?
- Does avarice or greed have any effect on the health of men?
- What is the chief cause of stagnation in money circulation and its attendant evils?
- What rule did Jesus give us for freeing ourselves from financial lack?
- Is the method practiced by the early Christians practicable in the world as it is today?
- What substitute is now being advocated for the commercial standard of payments for goods and service?
- What is the divine law of equilibrium? Why does it not seem to operate in financial matters?
- Is there any direct connection between poverty and ill-health? How may this problem be approached? Is there a problem at the other extreme--great wealth? How may it be solved?
- What is meant by the "race consciousness"? Can we escape its effects? How can we help to change it for the better?
- What should we do about saving money for the future?
- What attitude should we take toward charity?
Lesson Eleven: Laying Up Treasures
- What is the law of conservation as applied to spiritual substance?
- What is the difference between hoarding and conserving?
- Is accumulation of substance necessary to demonstration?
- How is spiritual substance accumulated? How dissipated?
- What is the true objective of man's life?
- Explain why character development must be a part of our study of the demonstration of prosperity.
- Is the ambition for wealth commendable or reprehensible?
- Of what is gold the symbol, metaphysically understood?
- What is the deceitfulness of riches? What is money?
- Does great wealth bring happiness? Does extreme poverty make one any better than the rich? What is the truth about riches?
- What is the only true deed or title to possessions?
- What do we want when we ask for "our daily bread"?
- How does the hoarding of money injure society?
- Should we prepare for that "rainy day" by saving part of our money?
- Was Jesus poor? Was He ever in want? What does it mean to turn stones into bread?
- Explain the meaning of the rich man and the eye of the needle.
- What are some of the financial and bodily results of the pinching attitude toward money?
- What attitude toward hard times and lack is most helpful to us?
- How shall we learn to get the most and give the most with the means we have at our disposal?
Lesson Twelve: Overcoming The Thought Of Lack
- Why must we constantly examine our thoughts and separate them?
- By what standard do we judge our thoughts?
- What is the work of the superconscious mind in the body?
- How may we use this superconscious mind in our outer affairs?
- What is the importance of thought elimination or mental clean-up?
- How do we go about this work of eliminating error thoughts?
- What further benefits accrue from the use of denial words?
- Where or what is the "kingdom of the heavens," and what is it like?
- What is meant by "loosing in heaven"? What should we loose and what should we guard against loosing?
- Where and what is "substance"? How do we contact it?
- What is the result of clinging to past ideas and methods?
- What is mortality? Do we escape it by dying? How otherwise?
- Explain the new birth and the relation of denial to it.
- What do Bible characters mean to us? What can they do for us?
- What do David and Goliath stand for in consciousness?
- What is the modern "golden calf" that most men worship?
- Name some of the evil results of the error of money worship.
- Would the doing away with money entirely solve the problem? What is the solution?
- What "little but mighty" idea in consciousness is symbolized by David?
- What are the weapons of this David that slay the giant fear?