- What do Jesus' Twelve Apostles represent in man's spiritual ongoing?
- What is symbolized by the first and Second Coming of Christ, as spoken of in the Scriptures?
- How may the Twelve Apostles be likened to the heads of departments in an industrial plant?
- What does Jesus represent in man's consciousness?
- Name each apostle and the corresponding faculty represented.
- Why was Peter (faith) called the first apostle?
- Explain how a center may be baptized by the word of Spirit and given a new power.
- Why does the intellect deny that man can have knowledge of God?
- How should the twelve powers of man be developed and expressed?
- What does Abraham represent in man's consciousness?
- Why must this faculty be abiding?
- Why is faith put to a test?
- Give the symbology represented by Abraham's offering of his son Isaac.
- Explain the law of giving and receiving.
- What is symbolized by the "upper room" to which the Holy Spirit comes?
- What is the difference between the prayer of supplication and the affirmative prayer?
- What are the two attitudes of faith that are brought out? Explain.
- Who was the first and greatest apostle of Jesus?
- What does his name mean?
- Why was his name changed after he became Jesus' apostle?
- What is the difference between trust and real faith?
- Why is the spoken word formative, but not always creative?
- Where is the faith center in the body of man? How is it quickened?
- What is the significance of a change of mind?
- Explain how Jesus accomplished the mighty works credited to Him.
- Which one of Jesus' apostles symbolized strength in man's consciousness?
- Wherein is the source of all things?
- Why is man greater than all other expressions of Divine Mind?
- What is the difference between the Jehovah man and the Adam man?
- Explain God's creation of man as "male and female."
- What does the "strong man fully armed," referred to by Jesus, represent in the natural man?
- What does it represent in the regenerate man?
- Explain the symbology brought out by the story of David and Goliath.
- What does Samson symbolize in man's consciousness?
- Explain the symbology of his being robbed of his hair by Delilah.
- Why should man conserve the vital essence of his body?
- Explain how one may renew the body through using the various brain centers.
- How does creative law affect man's development?
- Explain man's growth in consciousness through evolution.
- Why is the Word of God likened unto a seed?
- Why is Jesus Christ the Great Teacher?
- What are the twelve powers of man?
- Where is the wisdom center in man's consciousness?
- Name some attributes of wisdom.
- Is knowledge of the negative side of good necessary to man's unfoldment?
- Explain some of the functions of the solar plexus, and name its presiding ego.
- What is man's first step in the regeneration?
- Where is this step referred to in Scripture symbology?
- How do we "call a disciple"? Give an example.
- What is Christ?
- Explain the lawful method of entering the kingdom of God.
- Can man escape divine judgment? Why?
- What part does spiritual judgment play in the working out of man's salvation?
- Why are Peter, James, and John mentioned more than the other apostles?
- Why was Andrew also among the first-called?
- Explain how man may use his creative forces in co-operation with the creative law.
- What are the "sons of God" in Scripture symbology?
- How do we know that Being is masculine and feminine?
- What is the name and nature of God's most beautiful "daughter"?
- Name some virtues and vices of mother love.
- Explain love in its role of "gravity."
- Is love ever a source of misery? Explain.
- Give a remedy for divorce.
- What do Adam, Eve, and the serpent symbolize in the individual?
- Give the metaphysical explanation of Adam and Eve's eating of the fruit of the tree of the "knowledge of good and evil."
- What place has love in the regeneration of man?
- By what means can woman help to lift up man and free him from sense bondage?
- Will incarnation cease when love is lifted up?
- What was Jesus' mission on earth?
- Where is the throne of love in man's spiritual body?
- Who, among Jesus' apostles, personified love?
- Give an original illustration of how unselfish love may be unfolded.
- Should one employ force or suppression in soul unfoldment? Why?
- What is essential to the realization and demonstration of spiritual power?
- Over what should man exercise his divine birthright of power?
- Locate the throne of power in man's body consciousness, and tell what apostle represents power.
- What effect has development of power on the voice?
- How and to what extent are one's words imbued with power?
- Can we overcome the belief in limited or declining power? How?
- Should man develop power before he overthrows carnal selfishness in himself? Why?
- How can we distinguish between right and wrong in the use of our power?
- What is the key to the exercising of dominion successfully in the material world and the restoring of equilibrium between Spirit and matter?
- What rule did Jesus lay down as the basis of world peace and prosperity?
- When will the "new heaven and ... new earth" appear?
- What is involved in overcoming the world, the flesh, the Devil, and even death?
- What is the Devil?
- Give the metaphysical interpretation of the Crucifixion.
- What is the acme of man's power and dominion?
- What is the imagination?
- Which apostle represents the imagination?
- Within man what office has the imaging faculty?
- Why were Jesus' ideas so powerful and enduring?
- What is the key to the interpretation of symbols?
- What determines the character of soul and body?
- Do dreams and visions play an important part in man's soul development? Explain why, and give Scripture examples.
- Interpret spiritually Peter's vision, which is described in the 10th chapter of Acts.
- What does man's body represent? Explain why.
- Why do individuals and nations sometimes revert from culture to savagery?
- How should man handle the animal propensities in himself?
- Does the fact that animals are good in their rightful place justify man's using them for food? Why?
- How was the original creation given character and form?
- What, potentially, are animals?
- When will animals cease to be in the objective?
- Do wisdom, understanding, knowledge, and intelligence all mean the same thing?
- Explain the two great realms of mind.
- Was Jesus scientific in His teaching?
- What faculty of mind is given first place by those who have spiritual discernment?
- What phase of mind comes first in soul development?
- What does Solomon stand for?
- What did the Lord also give unto Solomon because He was so well pleased with him?
- What part does the heart play in soul unfoldment?
- Why do we have to be careful in distinguishing between true inspiration and our intellectual reasoning?
- What does John the Baptist stand for in man's consciousness?
- Who did Jesus say John the Baptist had been?
- What takes place in man when he gives himself wholly unto the Lord?
- Explain the relationship between John the Baptist and Jesus.
- How does this relationship apply to man's consciousness?
- What is the greatest of all the powers of man?
- Do all the faculties enter into the regeneration of man?
- Does man have the privilege of attaining eternal life?
- What faculty of mind is the motive power for all the other faculties?
- What other faculty is most closely related to it?
- What part does the imagination play in the development of the soul?
- Why has man been given free will?
- What is the work of the solar plexus?
- How do the will and the understanding conflict in the expression of the spiritual life?
- What causes hardening of the arteries?
- Where does "motive" come in?
- Explain what is meant by man's partaking of the knowledge of good and evil.
- What does Jesus represent in soul development?
- How does the Christ discipline His apostles (faculties)?
- Explain how the will is often allowed to become destructive.
- What is the will of Divine Mind for man as regards his actions?
- Explain why a person should be positive in submitting his will to the authority of God instead of doing so in a negative way.
- With what power and authority did Jesus endow His disciples to go forth and preach?
- Does God's will for man change?
- Why do sin, sickness, suffering, and death come into man's life?
- Should a person submit his will to the control of another? Explain.
- How should a person make his affirmations?
- Give the words of Jesus that may be used as an affirmation in bringing about relaxation, peace, and harmony.
- For what did Jesus denounce the scribes and Pharisees?
- Should teachers or leaders frame rules of thought and action for their members? Why?
- What did Jesus lay down as the only safe foundation for all religious work?
- Why did Jesus break the Mosaic law?
- What does the Sabbath day stand for in man's consciousness?
- Explain why Jesus said that He came not to break the law, but to fulfill it.
- Why must man erase from his mind all authority and tradition of other men in order to fulfill God's will for him?
- What place have sacred writings in man's life?
- What is the only authority?
- Shall we leave our fellows free to worship God as they see fit, and to what extent do we co-operate with them?
- Where does man find real communion with the Father?
- What part does Jesus, the "only begotten Son" of God, play in man's unfoldment?
- What does Moses' fleeing to the wilderness represent in man's consciousness? Explain.
- What gives our words and thoughts power to accomplish that whereto they are sent?
- What forces do Moses and Pharaoh represent? Explain.
- Explain the place of denial and affirmation in man's growth.
- What is the function of the ego in forming mental states of consciousness? Explain.
- What is zeal?
- Can the divine law be broken? Explain.
- Should one suppress the impulse of zeal that wells up in consciousness?
- Why is it necessary for zeal to be tempered with wisdom?
- How do one's different combinations of thoughts affect soul and body?
- What is the meaning of the name "Simon Peter"? What is the meaning of the name "Simon, the Cananaean"?
- Explain how the vitamins in the food that we eat are stored up in body consciousness and liberated.
- Has zeal any part to play in one's becoming a genius along any line of endeavor?
- Explain Jesus' words, "The very hairs of your head are numbered."
- Explain Emerson's words, "Be not deceived by dimples and curls; that child is a thousand years old."
- How do you account for Mozart's wonderful ability to play the organ without instruction at the age of four years?
- Where does the zeal center have its throne of dominion?
- What is the first step in experiencing conversion?
- Explain the effect of a change of mind on the body organism.
- In the process of body renewal, where does renunciation come in?
- How does the metaphysician arrive at his conclusions concerning mind action?
- State one big fundamental truth brought out in the study of mind.
- Explain the distinction between the realm of ideas and the realm of thought.
- Explain how thoughts are assimilated by the mind.
- How does the mind act on the body?
- Why should wisdom be exercised in the control of the mind?
- Should man be given his freedom? Explain.
- How are traits of mind and body handed down from generation to generation?
- How are these dissolved in memory?
- Explain medical science's method of combating disease germs.
- Why has it failed?
- What is the one healing power? Explain its action.
- Describe the work of Thaddaeus.
- What is the cause of constipation? of tumors? of the slowing down of the life forces?
- What is the cause of adenoids? of inflamed tonsils? of sinus trouble?
- How may these ills be avoided?
- What is the life energy?
- Is life intelligence? Explain.
- Why is the life ego called the "adversary"?
- Why are sensation and generation necessary to man's character? Explain.
- What is the Son of man?
- What does the Garden of Eden symbolize?
- On what does the bringing forth of the ideal man depend?
- What three factors enter into every consciousness?
- What is the Lamb of God? Explain.
- What is symbolized by the "river of water of life"?
- Wherein comes the danger in experiencing this holy stream of life?
- How are bodily sensations lawfully experienced? Explain.
- Why is it necessary to cleanse this pure stream of life in its flow outward?
- Explain: "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up."
- Explain sensation's being a divine creation.
- How is all intemperance overcome?
- Explain your being "dead through your trespasses and sins."