Hi Friends -
Yesterday I was in the Unity Archives. The place was hopping and several students from the Unity Urban Ministerial School were rummaging for whatever they could find to bring home for personal study. What they prized the most were the 36 volumes of Mildred Mann's Metaphysical and Symbolical Interpretation of the Bible. They wanted to share them with you and they asked if I could scan them and put them out for all of us to use.
Here are the first two volumes in PDF format. I'll be working on the remaining ones over the next few weeks. Volume 1 is missing. We will all be grateful if anyone has a copy.
These volumes are a great preparation for a Sunday lesson. Open one of the PDFs and you'll see four lessons. Each lesson is a commentary on a well-known Bible passage and each lesson concludes with a single paragraph summary of the lesson written in Mildred Mann's own handwriting.
Those hand-written summaries by Mildred Mann are symbolic of the tone of the entire series. She's personal; she's conversational, she's informal and she's practical. Mildred Mann was a great writer. And I believe that if you read these volumes then you, too, will become more personal and conversational in your practical application of the Bible. And that quality will come through in your Sunday lessons.
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Volume 2: The Bible Series
- Genesis 3:16-24
- Genesis 3:19; 4:1-17; 6:1-7
- Genesis, Chapters 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Genesis, Chapters 11 and 12
Volume 3: The Bible Series
- Genesis, Chapters 12 And 13
- Genesis, Chapters 14 Through 19
- Genesis, Chapters 20 and 21
- Genesis, Chapters 22 Through 26
Volume 4: The Bible Series
- Genesis, Chapters 27 Through 31
- Genesis, Chapters 32 Through 37
- Genesis, Chapters 38 Through 45
- Genesis, Chapters 46 Through 50
Volume 5: The Bible Series
- Exodus, Chapters 1 Through 5
- Exodus, Chapters 6 Through 10
- Exodus, Chapters 11 Through 20
- Exodus, Chapters 21 Through 40
Volume 6: The Bible Series
- Exodus, Chapters 26 Through 32
- Exodus, Chapters 26 Through 32 — Continued
- Exodus, Chapters 33 Through 40
- Leviticus — Section One