Answers to all the following questions are to be found in the text of the book. The terms used in the questions are of course to be found in the text and are those commonly used in Truth literature. The questions are asked with the object of inducing thought on the part of the student. When the ideas back of the words in the text are mastered, the student will be able to answer the questions.
Good Tidings of Great Joy
- What are the "good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people"?
- What is the kingdom of heaven?
- Can others do what Jesus did? Do we have proof of this?
- What three aims did Jesus have in His teaching and ministry:
- What is the most important thing that Jesus taught?
- Is God separate from us and the world?
- Does God give physical help or does He give spiritual help only?
- Is hopeless submission to suffering a spiritual grace?
- Are suffering and hardship productive of spiritual virtue?
- What should be our attitude toward any "evil" situation in our life?
The Will of God
- What is God?
- What is God's will for us?
- What was the mission of Jesus?
- If God's will for us is always good, why are not all our prayers answered immediately?
- Since God supplies our every need, why do we have to pray?
- Can we change the conditions in our lives that we do not want? How?
- How can we be certain that it is God's will for us to be happy?
- How can we avoid or overcome sickness?
- How must we prepare ourselves to accept God's gifts?
- Why do good and sincere Christians sometimes have to undergo all sorts of difficulties?
Life More Abundant
- What is the true nature of life?
- Can we depend on physical means alone to sustain abundant life in us?
- Do we get wisdom out of books?
- Does praise have power?
- Do our words have power?
- How many kinds of life are there in the world?
- Why do we say that man is the highest, fullest form of God manifested as life?
- On page 45 H. Emilie Cady says: "God's gifts are to all alike." If this is true, and God is the source of health, why are some people sick and others well?
- Why does Unity stress the importance of using only good words?
- If we are trying to overcome a condition of ill-health, is it wrong to seek the help of physicians or other healing agencies?
Christ in You
- What is the real nature of man?
- What is the one substance of the universe?
- Since Unity does not believe that God is a person, why do we and why did Jesus refer to Him as "our Father"?
- Is Jesus the Saviour of mankind?
- What is the Christ in you?
- The Bible tells us that man is created in the image and after the likeness of God. Does this mean that God has arms and legs and a body as we have?
- Did God create the world and all that is in it and then cast it adrift?
- Since man is created in the image of God, he is therefore perfect in essence. Why then is there so much trouble and suffering in the world?
- What is the new birth that the Bible speaks of?
- How are we "saved" from our "sins"? What is the Unity teaching about salvation?
- What is hope ? What is belief ? What is faith?
- What is understanding faith? blind faith?
- What are the two principles upon which one can base understanding faith?
- Can we really receive anything we ask for?
- If faith is necessary to success in prayer, should a person who does not have faith pray?
- H. Emilie Cady says on page 67 that all answer to prayer depends on faith. How then can a person's prayer be answered if he has no faith?
- Should we let contrary appearances interfere with our desires?
- Explain why H. Emilie Cady stresses the importance of believing that we receive now instead of in the future.
- Is there such a thing as the supernatural? as a miracle?
- What part does faith play in spiritual healing? in the demonstration of prosperity?
Giving and Forgiving
- Can a person really love God as long as he dislikes or hates any other person?
- Explain why God cannot answer our prayers if we hold ill will or a grudge against someone.
- Does man have free will?
- What is the relationship between God and man?
- Is any sin too great to be forgiven?
- Describe how you would go about forgiving someone who has done you an injustice.
- What connection exists between forgiveness and healing?
- In what three ways do we shut ourselves off from the Christ light?
- Why is it necessary for us to forgive before we can be forgiven?
- What is the unpardonable sin?
Power in the Name of Jesus Christ
- What is in a name?
- What is the meaning of the name "Jesus Christ"?
- Was Jesus more than a man?
- Is our prayer more effective if we pray in the name of Jesus Christ? Why?
- Unity teaches that no prayer is ever unanswered. If this is true, why does our prayer sometimes appear to be unanswered?
- What does it mean to take God's name in vain?
- What is the power in the name of Jesus Christ?
- What is meant by "I am the way"?
- What evidence does the Bible provide that the name of Jesus Christ has power to heal?
- What is the technique of the silence?
Life a Ministry
- Was Jesus Christ a failure?
- What is success ? What is failure?
- In this chapter what does H. Emilie Cady mean by "ministry"?
- Suppose you have no money and none is in sight. What ideas in this chapter would help you to overcome this condition?
- Name six ways in which we keep our good from coming to us.
- The Bible says, "With what measure ye mete it shall be measured to you again." Does this mean that if we give someone a dollar, someone else will give us a dollar?
- What kind of gifts should we give?
- From what standpoint should we make our gifts?
- From what standpoint does God give to us?
- If we should stop giving, what would happen to us?
Preceding Entry: God a Present Help 105-115: 8. Life a Ministry
Following Entry: What Are You? 1: Title